How many of you remember that movie? It was radical for the time because it showed a romantic relationship between a white woman and a African-American man. Done in the 60’s, it became a hit movie starring Sidney Poitier and Spencer Tracy. Today, as you read this, A guest is wanting to have dinner with you. Maybe an unexpected guest…..
” Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” (Rev 3:20)
Jesus wants to have dinner with you! We use this verse to illustrate salvation to others and it can be used in that content, but the book of Revelation was written to the church. A church that had forgotten its covenant with God. Friend, Jesus wants to break bread with you. In the Middle East, when you supped with someone, it was special. You were, in essence, making a covenant with the guest. Jesus in this day, wants you to take a break from your busy schedule and experience his presence.
In this life, there are many distractions. Work, family and even leisure time. All this is not bad in itself, but when these things starts to take a bigger priority in your life, we drift away. Soon, we are just happy going to church on Sundays and not spending time with our Heavenly Father. If we are not careful, we will drift into religion and unbelief. Then,what will follow is our covenant. We will, eventually, forget our covenant with God and drift away. Jesus is telling us to stop and take a break. To sup or have dinner with him and go over our covenant. We have a mighty covenant with God. Let’s review some important facts below.
Some major points to consider with our covenant with God—
- When we find out what’s in our covenant, all our problems will be solved. Our problems will be his problems. Stress and anxiety will vanish when we know that we have a genius (Holy Spirit) living inside of us. Tests and tribulations may come our way but we have the mind of Christ. His wisdom dwells inside of us.
- When we find out what’s in our covenant, we won’t have to struggle so hard against sin. Jesus has made us free from the tyranny of sin and death. Sin has no power over us when we reckon ourselves dead to sin, the world and the flesh.
- When we find out what’s in our covenant, we will not have to worry over money. God owns the silver and the gold. No debt is too high for God. God has put inside of us gifts, abilities and talents to make money. When we tap into his spirit of wisdom and revelation, we will be able to get out of debt and financial lack. We will learn how to draw the financial blessings from the spiritual into the natural and see miracles.
Capital one had a commercial saying-What’s in your wallet? My question to you is what’s in your covenant? Jesus enjoys spending time with you and wants to show your covenant rights. Will you have dinner with him and break bread? God wants to spend time with you. Did you know that God almighty actually ate dinner with Moses and his elders? Yes, it is a fact. Let’s look at the following verse…..
“Then Moses, Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel went up [the mountainside] And they saw the God of Israel [that is, a convincing manifestation of His presence], and under His feet it was like pavement of bright sapphire stone, like the very heavens in clearness. And upon the nobles of the Israelites He laid not His hand [to conceal Himself from them, to rebuke their daring, or to harm them]; but they saw [the manifestation of the presence of] God, and ate and drank.
(Exodus 24:9-11) (Amplified version)
In the Old testament, man could not see God and live. His very presence could kill man, but in these passages of scripture, God supernaturally, preserved these men and ate with them! Tragically, some of these men committed rebellion against Moses and perished in their sins. Did you know that when Jesus was betrayed by Judas, he still performed miracles? Peter struck one of the men with the sword and cut off his ear? Yet, Jesus put it back and healed him! Also, when these people were looking for Jesus. Jesus asked them-Whom seekest thee? They asked for Jesus and he said I AM! That word I AM struck them and they fell back! (John 18:4-13/Luke 22:49-51)
It is sad that these men who came for Jesus did not consider these miracles. Their hearts was so hardened that they went on and crucified him anyway. Friend, do not harden your heart at what God does. Recently, I posted a video of a lady praying away a tornado. (1) Did you know that the CNN news reporter even acknowledged that as a fact? Yet, many harden their hearts at God. Jesus wants to eat dinner with you! Let him in today and enjoy God’s best! Finally, if you are reading this and do not know Jesus in the pardon of your sins, today can be a new day. You can make covenant with God. God is a God of new beginnings. Let him be your new beginning today and receive him as your Lord and Savior. Here is a link with a prayer (2) God bless you!
Prayer—Father, help me to appreciate you and to count my blessings. Forgive me that in spite of your goodness, I have been ungrateful and have complained. Help me to not forget your loving kindness and mercy. Help me to count my blessings and serve you better —In Jesus name! Amen.
(1) Woman praying away a tornado…..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfzaR4ktmvc
(2) Sinner’s prayer—http://wordandgrace.blogspot.com/2012/05/sinners-prayer.html
Get my free book…http://bit.ly/2q0lqyl
Bible verses by www.biblegateway.com